EMDR therapy in the spotlight!
Price Harry has been recently openly talking about his experience of having EMDR therapy.
He has set such a great example destigmatising any therapeutic treatment!
Here is a link to the full article describing his experience and the outline of EMDR therapy.
EMDR has been around for over 30 years and was initially used mainly for treatment of PTSD symptoms.
Over the year the application of EMDR has widen. It can help with a number of difficulties:
- Frightening thoughts
- Staying away from places, events, or objects that are reminders of the traumatic experience
- Avoiding thoughts or feelings related to the traumatic event
- Being easily startled
- Feeling tense
- Sleeping difficulty
- Angry outbursts
- Trouble remembering key features of the traumatic event
- Negative thoughts about oneself or the world
- Distorted feelings like guilt or blame
- Loss of interest in enjoyable activities